- Nearly a third of the world’s billionaire population is concentrated in just 15 cities, according to Wealth-X’s recently released annual Billionaire Census.
- Strong tech industries have fostered considerable wealth in several cities across the world, from San Francisco to Shenzhen.
- A large share of the world’s billionaire population lives in eastern Asia, which has several cities on the list.
- The US remains home to the most billionaires — New York City alone has more billionaires than most countries.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Billionaires are increasingly becoming concentrated in a cluster of cities, according to Wealth-X’s annual Billionaire Census.
According to its findings, 29% of the world’s billionaire population is concentrated in the 15 major cities. We outlined the top 10 below.
Strong tech sectors are responsible for wealth accumulation in several cities, from San Francisco to Shenzhen in China. A large share of the world’s billionaire population resides in eastern Asia — several cities like Hong Kong and Beijing made the list.
Three US cities are also included on the list. The US, according to Wealth-X, has the largest billionaire population in the world. New York City alone houses more billionaires than almost any country in the world with 113 billionaires.
Here are the cities with the largest billionaire populations, listed in increasing order of billionaire residents.