!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Tamil Nadu: 3,057 new infections, 33 deaths
Uttar Pradesh reports 2,298 new COVID-19 cases, 3025 discharges and 40 deaths in the last 24 hours
Active cases in the state stand at 28,268. A total of 4,30,962 discharged so far, death toll 6,830
Madhya Pradesh reported 953 new COVID-19 cases, 1,325 recoveries and 13 deaths today
Total number of cases stand at 1,65,294 including 1,50,678 recoveries, 11,761 active cases and 2,855 deaths
To date, Pakistan has made progress across all action plan items & has now largely addressed 21 of the 27 action items. As all action plan deadlines have expired, FATF strongly urges Pakistan to swiftly complete its full action plan by Feb 2021: Financial Action Task Force (FATF)
More than 50 million have voted early in US election
Punjab reported 481 new COVID19 cases, 580 discharged cases & 23 deaths.
IPL 2020: Mumbai Indians win the toss and opt to bowl first against Chennai Super Kings
Pakistan to remain on the grey list of terror-financing watchdog Financial Action Task Force (FATF): Sources
All private offices, shops, hotels and restaurants etc in Puducherry permitted to remain open until 10 pm starting today
Puducherry reported 158 new COVID-19 cases, 216 discharges & 2 deaths today
- Total positive cases in the Union Territory rise to 33,986 till date
- This includes 3,975 active cases, 29,427 recoveries & 584 deaths
Andhra Pradesh’s COVID-19 cases cross 8-lakh mark with 3,765 new infections
Total cases at 8,00,684 out of which 31,721 are active cases. 20 deaths reported in last 24 hours taking the toll to 6,544
8,511 new COVID-19 infections reported in Kerala, active cases now stand at 95,657
Jammu And Kashmir reports 586 new COVID-19 infections – 206 from Jammu and 380 from Kashmir
Total cases stand at 90,752 out of which 7,842 active cases. 1,424 total deaths of which 12 were reported in the last 24 hours.
I don’t hold the position of Chief Minister to boast about it but to promote development in the state, which is worth being exemplified across the country: CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan during a public rally in Morena, MP
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will be on a two-day visit to Darjeeling & Sikkim on Oct 24-25. He will visit forward areas & interact with troops. He will perform ‘Shastra Puja’ on Dussehra & inaugurate an infrastructure project build by BRO: Defence Minister’s Office
For how long will the PM keep Bihar from the Special State status category. Bihar had hopes that he would speak about that. BJP talks about generating 19 lakh jobs depending on private enterprise. We will directly give 10 lakh govt jobs: Tejashwi Yadav, in Bihar State Assembly
Enforcement Directorate (ED) attaches Rs 11.92 lakhs lying in the bank account of Hotel Le Lac, Ranchi under PMLA in a case of illegal allocation of Coal Block in Jharkhand. So far, total attachment in the case is Rs 7 crores: ED
Aditya Birla Fashion, Retail shares jump nearly 8 per cent after Flipkart deal
As a founding member India’s invested to UN ideals with heart & soul. It’s a tribute to all those who’ve advanced the cause of peace & development under UN flag: S Jaishankar, External Affairs Minister, on release of commemorative stamp of 75th founding day of the United Nations
As a founding member India's invested to UN ideals with heart & soul. It's a tribute to all those who've advanced t… https://t.co/P1m5HtzdZc
— ANI (@ANI) 1603454750000
Rainfall triggers water logging in parts of Bengaluru
#WATCH: Rainfall triggers water logging in parts of Bengaluru; visuals from near Lalbagh Botanical Garden.… https://t.co/58Hr2xAMfc
— ANI (@ANI) 1603454453000
New Parliament building to have Constitution Hall, MPs lounge, library, committee rooms, dining areas, ample parking space: Lok Sabha Secretariat
New Parliament building to be completed by October 2022; Construction to begin in December 2020: Lok Sabha
Due to rainfall in Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and Karnataka there has been an increase in the price of onion.
– Sudhanshu Pandey, Secretary, Department of Food and Public Distribution
Bihar Election: Congress leader Rahul Gandhi in Bhagalpur
- PM said we’ll defeat Corona in 22 days. How? By clanging utensils and shining the light of mobile phones
- It has been 6-7 months, Corona is spreading. PM is not speaking a word
- Labourers of Bihar were working in different parts of the country for our development – be it Mumbai, Delhi or Punjab
- Just like our jawans are standing in Ladakh, the labourers of Bihar were giving their blood & sweat to this nation
- PM did not think for even a minute that how will the labourers of Bihar get the money? How will they get food & drinking water?
Spanish PM Sanchez says the next few weeks and months will be hard because of the pandemic
Central Govt supplied onions to various States according to their requirements. Till now 35 thousand metric tons of onion were given to states to maintain certain stability in prices.
– Leena Nandan Secretary, Department of Consumer Affairs
Mehbooba Mufti, PDP: My flag is this (points to the flag of J&K kept on the table in front of her). When this flag comes back, we’ll raise that flag (tricolour) too. Until we get our own flag back, we won’t raise any other flag…This flag forged our relationship with that flag.
Mehbooba Mufti, PDP: My flag is this (points to the flag of J&K kept on the table in front of her). When this flag… https://t.co/GPyTxGvSW6
— ANI (@ANI) 1603451123000
Kerala Gold Smuggling Case: Kerala High Court reserves order in the anticipatory bail application of former principal secretary of Kerala CMO M Sivasankar, till Oct 28.
- Interim protection from arrest to continue till then
- He had filed the bail pleas on cases by ED & Customs dept
Government imposes stock holding limit on onion traders to check prices: Consumer Affairs Secretary Leena Nandan
Instead of Rs 6800 per hectare help to farmers, we’re increasing it to Rs 10000 per hectare. I will also urge the Centre to do the same. Till now, we have given approximately Rs 3800 crores help to disaster-affected people: Maharasthra CM Uddhav Thackeray
It is govt’s duty to give help to those affected by flood & rains. After review meeting, I’ve decided to give Rs 10000 crores help to farmers & affected people for various work in flood-hit region. We’re trying this help reaches people by Diwali: Maharasthra CM Uddhav Thackeray
Maharashtra: Eknath Khadse joins NCP (Nationalist Congress Party), in presence of party chief Sharad Pawar in Mumbai
PM Narendra Modi, CM Nitish Kumar broke backbone of farmers, medium and small businesses
– Rahul Gandhi at Bihar poll rally
Delhi: Resident Doctors’ Association of NDMC Medical College & Hindu Rao Hospital goes on indefinite hunger strike from today against non-payment of salaries.
Punjab: Farmers protest by stopping paddy trucks on National Highway near Amritsar
Punjab:Farmers protest by stopping paddy trucks on National Highway near Amritsar "We're stopping trucks as they'r… https://t.co/8Xnc21yd3e
— ANI (@ANI) 1603446565000
Each & every citizen of Bihar must cast his/her vote in the upcoming Bihar Elections, following all COVID-19 guidelines & social distancing norms.
– Narendra Modi, PM
Maha govt announces relief package for rain-affected areas
Maharashtra government announces a package of Rs 10,000 crores for the rain-affected parts of the state. The amount will be disbursed before Diwali: Maharashtra Chief Minister’s Office (CMO)
Centre shouldn’t discriminate between different states: Uddhav Thackeray
“I don’t want to say this but the centre should not be discriminating between different states. They should take care of each state equally.” Uddhav Thackeray on the state not getting any help for damage in the state from the centre due to heavy rains. “We are even getting less help from the centre to battle Covid,” he added. (ET Bureau reports)
Cricketer Kapil Dev currently in ICU: Fortis Escorts
- Cricketer Kapil Dev came to Fortis Escorts Heart Institute (Okhla Road) emergency department at 1:00 am on 23rd October with a complaint of chest pain. He was evaluated and an emergency coronary angioplasty was performed in the middle of the night.
- Currently, he is admitted in ICU and under the close supervision of Dr Atul Mathur and his team. Kapil Dev is stable now and he is expected to get discharged in a couple of days.
Bihar deserves a quality education. Can it be ensured by those who don’t even know the value of education or by those who are working 24/7 to bring IITs and AIIMS to Bihar?
– Narendra Modi, PM
People of Bihar know that it is important to make Nitish Kumar the CM again for faster development of the state. The parties who are today standing against NDA are against the growth of the country.
– Narendra Modi, PM
Delhi: Veteran cricketer Kapil Dev admitted at Fortis, Okhla for heart issues.
More detail on his health awaited. (ANI reports)
Bihar: PM Modi to shortly address a public rally in Bhagalpur.
Earlier today, he addressed public rallies in Sasaram and Gaya.
Delhi violence: HC grants bail to Faizan Khan in UAPA case
- Faizan Khan was arrested under the stringent Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act charges in connection with a case related to the violence in northeast Delhi in February this year.
- Faizan Khan was accused of allegedly giving SIM card on fake ID to Jamia student Asif Iqbal Tanha, who is a co-accused in the case.
- A single-judge bench of Justice Suresh Kumar Kait granted bail to Faizan Khan and said he shall be released on bail after he furnishes a personal bond in the sum of Rs 25,000 with one surety of the like amount.
WeWork India appoints new CFO, General Counsel
- Co-working major WeWork India on Friday said it has appointed Clifford Lobo as Chief Financial Officer(CFO).
- It has also appointed Hiranmai Rallabandi as General Counsel while Santosh Martin has been elevated to Head of Sales.
Rupee slips 7 paise to close at 73.61 (provisional) against US dollar
Amazon refuses to appear before Joint Committee of Parliament on Data Protection Bill
- E-commerce giant Amazon has refused to appear before the Joint Committee of Parliament on the Data Protection Bill on October 28 and this amounts to breach of privilege, panel chairperson and BJP MP Meenakshi Lekhi said on Friday.
- Lekhi said that “the panel is unanimous in its opinion that coercive action can be suggested to the government against the e-commerce company”.
- “Amazon has refused to appear before the panel on October 28 and if no one on behalf of the e-commerce company appears before the panel it amounts to breach of privilege,” she told PTI.
Google, Paytm summoned to appear before Joint Committee of Parliament on issue of data security on Oct 29
Don’t lie to Biharis, Modi Ji. Did you give jobs to Biharis? Last elections, PM promised 2 crores jobs, no one got them. In public,he says I bow my head to Army, farmers, labourers & traders. But once he reaches home, he only works for Ambani & Adani
– Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi
Delhi High Court directs the concerned authorities to treat the petition seeking a ban on bursting firecrackers and burning of effigies to save air from being polluted, as representation and decide the same in accordance with the law.
Bihar now has electricity, lantern has become redundant, says PM Narendra Modi at rally in Gaya, in a dig at RJD
In the last few years, a lot of effort & strict actions have been taken to limit the activities of Naxals in the country. Naxal presence has now been restricted to limited areas
– Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses a public rally at Gandhi Maidan in Gaya, Bihar
Delhi High Court grants bail to one Faizan Khan, arrested under the Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA) charges in connection with Northeast Delhi violence case. He was accused of allegedly giving SIM card on fake ID to another accused Asif Iqbal Tanha.
Odisha govt asks districts to ensure preparedness ahead of festive, winter season
- Health and Family Welfare Department, Odisha has asked the district administrations and health authorities in the state to make adequate preparedness amid COVID-19 during the ensuing festive and winter season.
- In a letter to district authorities, Secretary Health and Family Welfare, PK Mohapatra stated, “As experts have warned that in view of the approaching festive and winter season, the resurgence of COVID-19 can not be ruled out.”
- Based upon the evidence of the second wave in many western European countries where winter has started as well as the surge of positive cases in Kerala after Onam festival, we should avoid any complacency about the decline in the number of new cases and keep up our efforts to contain the Pandemic, Mohapatra stated.
Only those who vote for BJP to get COVID vaccine shows it’s discriminatory nature: Sanjay Raut
- Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut slammed Bharatiya Janata party for promising free COVID-19 vaccine to those who vote for BJP in Bihar elections through its manifesto and said it shows discriminatory nature of the party.
- “Earlier it used to be – ‘tum mujhe khoon do,main tumhe azadi dunga’ (You give me blood, I will give you freedom) and now it’s – ‘tum mujhe vote do,hum tumhe vaccine denge’ (Give us vote, we will give you vaccine). Only those who vote for BJP will get vaccine, it shows BJP’s discriminatory nature,” Raut said on BJP’s promise of free COVID vaccine to all in Bihar.
NDA govt under Nitish Kumar in Bihar is necessary to strengthen resolve of ‘aatmanirbhar Bharat’: Modi at Bihar rally
NDA govt abrogated Article 370. These people say they will bring it back if they come to power. After saying this they dare to ask for votes from Bihar. Is this not an insult of Bihar? The state which sends its sons and daughters to the borders to protect the country
– PM Modi
The people who once ruled Bihar are again looking at the developing state with their greedy eyes. But, Bihar must not forget who pushed them backward, that was the time when there was worsening law & order situation and corruption in the state
– PM Modi
Voters of Bihar have taken a resolve that they won’t let those who have a history of making the state ‘Bimaru’ come near them
– PM Narendra Modi at Biada Maidan in Sasaram
Bihar lost its two sons recently. I pay my respects to Ram Vilas Paswan Ji, who was with me till his last breath and gave his entire life for the welfare of the poor and Dalits. Similarly, Babu Raghuvansh Prasad Singh ji also worked for poor. I pay respects to him
– PM Modi