However, the guidelines for the resumption of operations outside the containment zones shall continue to be applicated in the sixth phase of Unlock. The state government is to retain the power to make decisions with regards to permitting specific activities i.e. opening schools and coaching institutions, state and private universities for research scholars, gatherings above the limit of 100 people, etc.
The Centre has otherwise stressed that the states and Union Territories cannot impose any local lockdowns outside containment zones without prior consultation with the Centre. Meanwhile, the Chief Secretaries of all states have been advised to promote appropriate behaviour in view of the pandemic at the grassroots level and ensure mandating face masks, hand hygiene and social distancing. However, the MHA reiterated that there will be no restriction on inter-state and intra-state movement of persons and goods. Moreover, no separate permission or e-permit shall be required for such movements.
The following activities have been permitted but with restrictions:
- International air travel of passengers as permitted by MHA
- Swimming pools being used for training of sportspersons
- Exhibitions halls for Business to Business (B2B) purposes.
- Cinemas/ theatres/ multiplexes up to 50 per cent of their seating capacity.
- Social/ academic/ sports/ entertainment/ cultural/ religious/ political functions and other congregations, in closed spaces with a maximum of 50 per cent of the hall capacity and subject to a ceiling of 200 persons.
Moreover, a further decision regarding the abovementioned activities will be taken as per the observation of the situation.