In March 2021, Netflix will welcome a variety of movies and TV shows, such as a comedy-drama based on a book, a documentary on a legendary rapper, a new take on the famous detective Sherlock Holmes, and a lot more. With the future of cinemas around the world still uncertain due to the coronavirus pandemic, streaming services continue to be the go-to solution for studios to release those movies that can’t hit theaters and for viewers to get a good dose of entertainment. Netflix continues to have its doors wide open to house some of those movies while also adding more content every month, both licensed and original.
Click the button below to start this article in quick view.
February saw the arrival of movies like the romantic drama Eat Pray Love, Christopher Nolan’s sci-fi movie Inception, the rom-com My Best Friend’s Wedding, Martin Scorsese’s Shutter Island, and the horror movie The Conjuring, along with original content like Kid Cosmic, Firefly Lane, Malcolm & Marie, To All The Boys: Always and Forever, and I Care A Lot. This month, Netflix will welcome a lot of movies and TV shows, most notably Christopher Nolan’s Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, the horror movie Jason X, the biographical drama At Eternity’s Gate, and all seasons of the musical comedy TV series Big Time Rush.
As for original content, the streaming giant will bring a documentary on the legendary The Notorious B.I.G, a comedy-drama directed by Amy Poehler, an animated TV series from the universe of Pacific Rim, and a new version of Sherlock Holmes. Here’s everything releasing on Netflix in March 2021.
Biggie: I Got a Story to Tell – Netflix Documentary
- Featuring rare footage and in-depth interviews, this documentary celebrates the life of The Notorious B.I.G. on his journey from hustler to rap king.
Batman Begins (2005)
Blanche Gardin: Bonne Nuit Blanche (2021)
Crazy, Stupid, Love (2011)
Dances with Wolves (1990)
DC Super Hero Girls: Season 1
I Am Legend (2007)
Jason X (2001)
Killing Gunther (2017)
LEGO Marvel Spider-Man: Vexed by Venom (2019)
Nights in Rodanthe (2008)
Power Rangers Beast Morphers: Season 2
Rain Man (1988)
Step Up: Revolution (2012)
Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny (2006)
The Dark Knight (2008)
The Pursuit of Happyness (2006)
Training Day (2001)
Two Weeks Notice (2002)
Year One (2009)
Black or White (2014)
World Party: Season 5 – Netflix Family
Moxie – Netflix Film
- Vivian (Hadley Robinson), a seemingly shy 16-year-old, has always preferred to keep her head down and fly under the radar, but when the arrival of a new student (Alycia Pascual-Peña) forces her to examine the unchecked behavior of her fellow students running rampant at her high school, Vivian realizes she’s fed up. Inspired by her mother’s (Amy Poehler) rebellious past, Vivian anonymously publishes an underground zine called Moxie to expose bias and wrongdoing in her high school and unexpectedly sparks a movement. Now at the center of a revolution, Vivian begins to forge new friendships with other young women and allies, reaching across the divide of cliques and clubs as they learn to navigate the highs and lows of high school together. Directed by Amy Poehler and based on the novel by Jennifer Mathieu.
Murder Among the Mormons – Netflix Documentary
- A three-part documentary series on a trio of bombings in 1985 that shocked the Salt Lake City Mormon community and threatened the historical foundations of the church altogether.
Safe Haven (2013)
Pacific Rim: The Black – Netflix Anime
- After Kaiju ravages Australia, two siblings pilot a Jaeger to search for their parents, encountering new creatures, seedy characters and chance allies.
City of Ghosts – Netflix Family
- Meet the Ghost Club! Their adventures take them all around Los Angeles as they interview ghosts, solve problems and learn about their city’s history.
Dogwashers – Netflix Film
- When a narco past his prime refuses to pay a debt to an upstart, only a secret stash of money can save his men. But guess what the gardener just found?
Nevenka: Breaking the Silence – Netflix Documentary
- This docuseries examines Spain’s historic 2001 lawsuit, in which city councilor Nevenka Fernández accused Mayor Ismael Álvarez of sexual harassment.
Pokémon Journeys: The Series: Part 4 – Netflix Family
- Battles and research continue as Ash and Goh travel the world. Along the way they find old friends, Legendary Pokémon, Team Rocket and more.
Sentinelle – Netflix Film
- Transferred home after a traumatizing combat mission, a highly trained French soldier uses her lethal skills to hunt down the man who hurt her sister.
Bombay Begums – Netflix Original
- From boardrooms to society’s margins, five ambitious women from various walks of life navigate dreams, desires and disappointments in modern Mumbai.
Bombay Rose – Netflix Film
- Escaping from child marriage, a young club dancer living in the streets of Bombay, must choose between fending for her family and finding love with a boy orphaned by the militancy. Painted frame by frame and woven delicately through music, a red rose brings together three tales of impossible loves: love between two dreamers tested by duty and religious divides, love between two women, and love of an entire city for its Bollywood stars. Based on true events, the film, in documentary fashion, explores the ruthlessness of a society where the love and life that reigns on the big screen can crush you in its mean streets.
The Houseboat – Netflix Original
- Musicians and friends Fynn Kliemann and Olli Schulz spend two difficult years trying to restore the home of singer Gunter Gabriel to its former glory.
StarBeam: Season 3 – Netflix Family
- StarBeam is back with her family and favorite sidekicks to defend Somerset from all the wacky villains trying to stir up trouble and spoil the fun!
Dealer – Netflix Original
- Tensions erupt when two filmmakers infiltrate an area ruled by gangs to shoot a music video for a rapper in this gritty found-footage series.
Last Chance U: Basketball – Netflix Documentary
- From Greg Whiteley (Cheer) and the team behind Emmy-winning Last Chance U comes Last Chance U: Basketball, an honest, gritty look inside the world of community college basketball. Over the course of eight episodes, viewers will follow the East Los Angeles College Huskies (ELAC) in their high-stakes chase to an unprecedented California state basketball championship. Led by passionate head coach John Mosley, the ELAC team is made up of former D1 recruits and powerhouse athletes hustling to prove themselves for a last chance to fulfill their dreams of playing at the next level. But the team is tested as the players battle adversity, inner demons, and emotions on and off the court.
Marriage or Mortgage – Netflix Original
- Reality show. A wedding planner and a real estate agent compete to win the hearts and budgets of spouses-to-be. Will they pick fairy-tale nuptials or a dream home?
The Block Island Sound (2020)
Coven of Sisters – Netflix Film
- Basque Country, 1609. To postpone their execution, a group of women accused of witchcraft lure their inquisitor into witnessing the witches’ Sabbath.
Love Alarm: Season 2 – Netflix Original
- Longing for resounding proof of her feelings, Jojo sets out to uninstall the shield and make the app ring for her one true love.
The One – Netflix Original
- Love – and lies – spiral when a DNA researcher helps discover a way to find the perfect partner, and creates a bold new matchmaking service.
Paper Lives – Netflix Film
- In the streets of Istanbul, ailing waste warehouse worker Mehmet takes a small boy under his wing and must soon confront his own traumatic childhood.
Paradise PD: Part 3 – Netflix Original
- The not-so-honorable police officers of Paradise engage in dog blackmail, sperm theft, doughnut shop intimidation and many more unspeakable crimes.
Yes Day – Netflix Film
- Always feeling like they have to say NO to their kids and co-workers, Allison and Carlos decide to give their three kids a YES DAY, where for 24 hours the kids make the rules. Little did they know that they’d be going on a whirlwind adventure around Los Angeles, that would bring the family closer to each other than ever before.
Bakugan: Armored Alliance
The BRG (2016)
The Last Blockbuster (2020)
The Lost Pirate Kingdom – Netflix Original
- The real-life pirates of the Caribbean violently plunder the world’s riches and form a surprisingly egalitarian republic in this documentary series.
Zero Chill – Netflix Family
Rebell Comedy: Straight Outta the Zoo – Netflix Comedy Special
Waffles + Mochi – Netflix Family
- Curious puppet pals Waffles and Mochi travel the world exploring the wonders of food and culture while learning how to cook with fresh ingredients.
Operation Varsity Blues: The College Admissions Scandal — Netflix Documentary
Under Suspicion: Uncovering the Wesphael Case — Netflix Original
B: The Beginning Succession – Netflix Anime
- When Keith is abducted and a friend from Koku’s past resurfaces, Killer B returns and everyone is pulled into a conspiracy involving the crown.
Cabras de Peste – Netflix Film
- Two wildly mismatched cops from different Brazilian states are forced to work together to take on a gang operating in both of their homelands.
Deadly Illusions (2021)
The Fluffy Movie (2014)
Nate Bargatze: The Greatest Average America – Netflix Comedy Special
Alien TV: Season 2 – Netflix Family
- Alien reporters Ixbee, Pixbee and Squee return to Earth, where they learn about more odd human customs and inventions like trains and fashion.
Country Comfort – Netflix Family
- An aspiring young country singer finds the band she’s been missing when she takes a job as a nanny for a musically talented family.
Formula 1: Drive to Survive: Season 3 – Netflix Original
- During a shortened 2020 season, Lewis Hamilton, Daniel Ricciardo and other top drivers pursue checkered flags as COVID-19 turns the world upside down.
Sky Rojo – Netflix Original
- On the run from their pimp and his henchmen, three women embark on a wild and crazy journey in search of freedom. From the creators of Money Heist.
Jiu Jitsu (2020)
Navillera – Netflix Original
- A 70-year-old with a dream and a 23-year-old with a gift lift each other out of harsh realities and rise to the challenge of becoming ballerinos
Loyiso Gola: Unlearning – Netflix Comedy Special
Seaspiracy – Netflix Documentary
- Passionate about ocean life, a filmmaker sets out to document the harm that humans do to marine species — and uncovers a sinister global conspiracy.
Who Killed Sara? – Netflix Original
- After 18 years in prison, Álex takes his revenge on the Lazcano family, who framed him for the murder of his sister Sara to save their reputation.
Caught by a Wave – Netflix Film
- After falling in love at a beachside summer camp in Sicily, a painful truth inspires two teenage sailing enthusiasts to live their lives to the fullest.
DOTA: Dragon’s Blood – Netflix Anime
- After encounters with a dragon and a princess on her own mission, a Dragon Knight becomes embroiled in events larger than he could have ever imagined.
Millennials: Season 3
Secret Magic Control Agency – Netflix Film
- Hansel and Gretel of fairy tale fame — now acting as secret agents — must use magic, clever thinking and teamwork on a mission to find a missing king.
A Week Away – Netflix Film
- Troubled teen Will Hawkins (Kevin Quinn) has a run-in with the law that puts him at an important crossroad: go to juvenile detention or attend a Christian summer camp. At first a fish-out-of-water, Will opens his heart, discovers love with a camp regular (Bailee Madison), and sense of belonging in the last place he expected to find it.
Bad Trip – Netflix Film
- In a hidden-camera comedy from the producer of Bad Grandpa, two pals embark on a road trip full of funny pranks that pull real people into the mayhem.
Big Time Rush: Seasons 1-4
The Irregulars – Netflix Original
- In 19th-century London, a group of misfits works to solve supernatural crimes at the behest of Dr. Watson and his elusive partner, Sherlock Holmes.
Magic for Humans by Mago Pop – Netflix Original
- Illusionist Mago Pop takes to the streets of Barcelona, where he amazes folks of all ages and walks of life with tricks that inspire delight and wonder.
Nailed It! Double Trouble – Netflix Original
- When two clueless cake ‘artists’ team up, the reveals are even more ridiculous. From best buds to brothers and sisters, these bakers are twice as bad.
Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom (2013)
Rainbow High: Season 1
March 307 Yards: The Chris Norton Story (2020)
Octonauts & the Ring of Fire – Netflix Family
- When lava-spewing volcanoes start a chain reaction of disasters across the ocean, the Octonauts must work together to save their sea creature friends.
At Eternity’s Gate (2018)
Haunted: Latin America – Netflix Original
- Real people’s terrifying tales of the chilling, unexplained and paranormal come to life with dramatic reenactments in this reality series.
90 Day Fiancé: Why Paul’s Latest Video Has Fans Believing Karine Can’t Stand Him
About The Author